Reply To: Gaming and History Thread- The Conquer or Perish mentality

Homepage Forums History Martial Arts and Combat Gaming and History Thread- The Conquer or Perish mentality Reply To: Gaming and History Thread- The Conquer or Perish mentality

Philologus
Participant

That said I don’t think there is anything remotely bad about your character being in a guild or having feudal obligations, I think that sort of thing makes the game more interesting. It’s pretty much what this whole website is all about – bringing the history into the role playing (and as context into HEMA).

Again, I am just observing that many players want to be free from daily obligations and complications when they sit down at the table. Empire of the Petal Throne exists, so does Bubblegumshoe and Worminghall and Aces and Eights, so #notAllPlayers. I think many people would be interested in a campaign about journeymen on their Wanderjahr in the same city, or settlers in a new free town, especially if you add some SF / fantasy element behind the scenes. Give the players who want to misbehave opportunities to misbehave while giving the ones who like engaging with the world problems and opportunities with guild memberships and lovers and relatives and disputes over land rights.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Philologus.