AMA with historian of magic Samuel P. Gillis Hogan

Homepage Forums Magic Medieval and Renaissance Magic AMA with historian of magic Samuel P. Gillis Hogan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Philologus
    Participant
    Hans Hellinger

Thanks for posting, i will check this out today!

Hans Hellinger

I listened to the first two episodes. The guys voice is a little … weird, like he’s trying to sound a bit too spooky. But if you can get past that it’s pretty good. I agreed with basically everything he said and I thought he said a lot in a pretty short amount of time which is a sign of mastery of the subject. I was a bit relieved to note that he used pretty much the same sources I did in Superno. He did mention one grimoire from a court record in Krakow that I’d never heard of but in a quick google search I couldn’t find anything. I may need to listen to that part again to make sure I heard the name properly, or I might email him.

What is more impressive than his knowledge of the magic grimoires and practices (he is definitely a practitioner) is that he seems to understand medieval society more generally fairly well, at least so far. That is very rare. I’ll definitely listen to the other episodes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.