Codex Integrum for Fantasy Grounds

Homepage Forums Gaming Gaming Night Codex Integrum for Fantasy Grounds

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    zarlor
    Participant

I’ve built a character sheet for use in Fantasy Grounds Virtual Table Top using the MoreCore Ruleset for those doing virtual gaming using Fantasy Grounds. The MoreCore Ruleset can be found here on the Fantasy Ground froums, and the Codex Integrum character Sheet mod can be found here. There are also a couple of small extensions available there for a Codex Martialis theme that will set the background to the cover art you find on Codex Martialis and a Decals theme that adds a couple of Codex Integrum-related decals (one for a transparent version of the Codex Integrum name and another with a transparent version of the helmet logo seen on the cover of the Codex Baltic guide) for those who would like a little extra Integrum flair for their game.

See https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Data_Files_Overview for how to install a Ruleset (like MoreCore), Extensions (like the theme), and Modules (like the character sheet) into Fantasy Grounds. This should work for any Fantasy Grounds Classic or Fantasy Grounds Unity installation so long as MoreCore will work with it. You will need to install MoreCore to use this Character Sheet so please be sure to install it. The Background and Decal extensions, however, are entirely optional and only provide a few graphical elements at this time. They also doesn’t rely on anything else being installed.

The character sheet includes a blank character sheet that can be dragged-and-dropped to create a copy to make a new character with. Under the Notes button in FG there are detailed explanations of how to set things up on the sheet and there are “Rolls” created for a vast majority of situations used within Codex Integrum, including all of the Martial Feats. Be sure to read the note on “How to Use this Character Sheet”. There is also another note there for a Combat Cheat Sheet as a reminder on how to use the rolls in a lot more compact format.

In essence there is a Martial Pool tracker to help you track how many Martial Pool have been spent from a character for a round, rolls for starting attacks, adding Free Dice and modifiers, and so on. Each roll has a few clicks to put the whole roll together rather than just a straight single-click roll due to the incredible flexibility of Codex Integrum itself, but once you get the hang of how things are set up you can easily create your own Rolls to help reduce a few of the clicks for some of the common rolls you might make for a character thanks to the flexibility of the underlying MoreCore Ruleset.

There are also rolls for the Spells from the Player’s Guide and all of the weapons, armor, and shields are set up under Items. In the future I may try to extend the weapons to include drag-and-drop rolls in them to help with some weapon-specific rolls to reduce a few of the extra clicking/settings you may otherwise deal with when making certain attack or defense rolls (there are examples of this already in the mod on the Ahlespiess weapon, if you want some ideas on doing that, and I’ve been doing the same on some of the NPCs as I work to pull them in as well.)

I’m also looking at the potential of creating a (perhaps purchasable) Codex Integrum standalone Ruleset which would include the above, hopefully in a more streamlined manner, as well as including Codex Martialis as a reference manual within the Library for easy reference in a game and links to Fantasy Grounds elements from directly in the Codex Martialis, Codex Integrum Player’s Guide, and maybe even Codex Superno. Eventually I may even be able to make Monsterburg available as a purchasable module.

This is a pre-release, beta, version and I would love it if folks with Fantasy Grounds would hammer away at it. I’ve not made it available on the Fantasy Grounds forum yet or anything, so it’s exclusive to here first. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated if anyone has a chance to play around with it. I’ll also try to update this thread when I make any updates so you’ll know you can go to the link to redownload it.

Codex Integrum for Fantasy Grounds
    MoreCore Ruleset (required for the above)

Lenny

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by zarlor.
    Hans Hellinger

Impressive work Lenny, I’ve downloaded the stuff you did, maybe we can get together sometime tomorrow & you can help me get it set up. Looks like fencing is going to be rained out again so I should have some time.

Hans Hellinger

In the event, rain held off and we did fencing (mostly just some knife fighting stuff) but I should have some time this evening or tomorrow. Will call.

zarlor
    Participant

Oh, no worries, Sunday was a bad day for me anyway with my nephew in town and I had a migraine that morning as well. Gaming night tonight, but tomorrow (the 14th) or the day after may work fine, if you like.

zarlor
    Participant

I know this needs an update if anyone is using it, but I wanted to amend this with the fact that the required MoreCore ruleset is now available on the Forge at https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/360/view, which means the ruleset doesn’t have to be manually installed or anything, just add it (it’s free) and it will be installed (and kept updated) as part of your FG install on your next update, so that will make things a little easier, at least.

Hans Hellinger

Thats really great Zarlor thanks amigo! We need to test this out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.