Now available: Codex Superno

Homepage Forums Gaming Codex Sourcebooks Codex Superno Now available: Codex Superno

Tagged: 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sam
    Keymaster

Codex Superno is a new sourcebook by the designers of Codex Martialis, which introduces the dimension of magic derived from mythological and historical sources.

Check out Codex Superno, available now!

Philologus
    Participant

I noticed some typos in the PDF review copy I am reading:

p. 19 footnote * does not seem to point anywhere
    p. 21 “Wisdom and Intelligence modifiers” -> “bonuses”
    p. 124 taboo’s
    p. 150 from Tim Powers novel -> from Tim Powers’ novel
    p. 179 boar’s spear -> boar spear
    p. 196 John Michael Reer -> Greer (nobody wants to call the Archdruid of Peak Oil by the wrong Name!)

Hans Hellinger

Thanks for the corrections Philologus, I’ll add those to my list!

Hans Hellinger

The comment “wisdom and intelligence modifiers” on page 19 is correct I think – if you had a -1 modifier for Wisdom and a +4 for intelligence, your memory palace total would be 3. Modifier can be either a penalty or a bonus.

All other typos fixed.

“The Archdruid of Peak Oil?”

Philologus
    Participant

What if the total of the modifiers is negative?

I just know John Michael Greer as someone who translated a 17th century fencing manual I have never read (but yay him! every translation is important!) Apparently he’s better known in different geeky communities. He does not have a RationalWiki page, so his sites The Archdruid Report and Ecosophia give the idea (but I’m told that he sees his philosophical writing as ritual Magick to make something which is not yet true come into existence). Chris Scott Thompson also publishes magickal tomes next to books on 18th century fencing. I am definitely not judging, I just did not realize that so many of the early historical fencers were nerdy about this!

Hans Hellinger

Me either, that’s quite interesting. Once you learn about the ideas behind it, and all the smart people who were deeply into it, it becomes rather compelling. It’s not the “hocus pocus” of popular culture. To be honest I don’t really know what it is, but it’s “something”

Hans Hellinger

If the total of the modifiers is negative you are too stupid to be able to construct a memory palace. Like me in real life!

ullrsson
    Participant

Does anyone know why codex superno has been removed from drug-thru rpg?

Hans Hellinger

Hi, yes, there was a problem on DriveThru which appeared on Oct 27, and we noticed it Friday Oct 29. We notified DriveThru but this being Halloween weekend here in the US, they haven’t gotten back to us yet so it still hasn’t been resolved. This problem required us to temporarily set Codex Superno to ‘private’, which is unfortunate because we have been promoting it this month.

DriveThru is typically pretty responsive to queries about problems of this sort, so we are expecting this to be resolved Monday. I’ll post a notification here Monday when we know more. Thanks for your interest!

Hans Hellinger

Codex Superno is available again now.

ullrsson
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up 👍

Hans Hellinger

You are welcome.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.