Question About Wrathful Strike

Homepage Forums Gaming Codex Martialis Rules Question About Wrathful Strike

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    DrakeTungsten
    Participant

Maybe I don’t fully understand the base rules, or I’m not understanding something about Wrathful Strike, but if you still have at least one Martial Die left after scoring a hit, what would be the difference between using that die for a Wrathful strike (which I believe requires that you make the same to-hit roll as you did for the hit you are using the Wrathful Strike for), or using that die make another attack on the same opponent?

Hans Hellinger

Hi, welcome to the board and great name!

The way Wrathful Strike works is that you commit 2 dice to the attack, but only one counts for the attacking part. The other ensures an extra die of damage if you hit.

So the difference is, if you are making two strikes you’d be making two separate attempts to hit, each of which will cause damage if you hit the target. With the Wrathful Strike, one die is the attack, the other just represents the expenditure of one more MP for extra damage. If you got the first hit, the extra damage is automatic.

DrakeTungsten
    Participant

Thank you. That makes sense.

Hans Hellinger

Any time. Feel free to ask about any other rules you have questions about. We’ll be releasing some play-through transcripts soon and hopefully some videos not too long after that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.